Liverpool’s star forward, Luis Suarez has issued a statement stating that he is finally happy to remain at Anfield.
Ending the Summer-long saga that threatened to engulf the club in a wave of despair.
The mercurial forward had agitated for a move to Real Madrid, who did not make a bid for him, then got his head turned by Arsenal’s paltry £40 million + £1 offer.
It took John W Henry’s strongly worded statement that Suarez was not for sale to any club at any price, then Steve Gerrard’s personal advice to the striker that he was better off at Liverpool, mentioning the demise of Fernando Torres at Chelsea to convince Suarez to stay at Liverpool.
Suarez issued this statement this evening:
“When I left England, I had no news and I have no news now. To me, this is a closed chapter.
I always said that if something came up, then fine, but if not, then I’d stay happily at Liverpool. And that’s what I’m going to do.
There were reports of several clubs signing me, but in the end I’m happy because I’m staying at Liverpool.”
The signs have been there lately, Suarez returning to training, laughing and joking with his team-mates, attending all the games, even though he is still serving his ten match ban.
After beating Man Utd to go top of the League on Sunday, signing Sakho, Lloris and Victor Moses and now Suarez happily committing his future to Liverpool, things are looking good at Anfield.
Other Liverpool News
- Origi’s patience pays off as Liverpool boss Klopp hails young attacker’s attitude
- Klopp cautious with Lallana’s comeback as high-flying Liverpool face Bournemouth
- Wijnaldum pays tribute to trio of starlets who prove the future is bright for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool
- Former Liverpool goal king Owen happy to heap praise on new record-holder Woodburn
- Klopp’s delight for Liverpool starlet Woodburn as he becomes youngest scorer in Kop history