Liverpool’s star forward, Luis Suarez has issued a statement stating that he is finally happy to remain at Anfield.
Ending the Summer-long saga that threatened to engulf the club in a wave of despair.
The mercurial forward had agitated for a move to Real Madrid, who did not make a bid for him, then got his head turned by Arsenal’s paltry £40 million + £1 offer.
It took John W Henry’s strongly worded statement that Suarez was not for sale to any club at any price, then Steve Gerrard’s personal advice to the striker that he was better off at Liverpool, mentioning the demise of Fernando Torres at Chelsea to convince Suarez to stay at Liverpool.
Suarez issued this statement this evening:
“When I left England, I had no news and I have no news now. To me, this is a closed chapter.
I always said that if something came up, then fine, but if not, then I’d stay happily at Liverpool. And that’s what I’m going to do.
There were reports of several clubs signing me, but in the end I’m happy because I’m staying at Liverpool.”
The signs have been there lately, Suarez returning to training, laughing and joking with his team-mates, attending all the games, even though he is still serving his ten match ban.
After beating Man Utd to go top of the League on Sunday, signing Sakho, Lloris and Victor Moses and now Suarez happily committing his future to Liverpool, things are looking good at Anfield.
Other Liverpool News
- Liverpool manager Klopp says Reds could have done with Lady Luck in 1-1 draw with Manchester United
- Klopp must rally Reds for crucial United Premier League clash after semi-final defeat at Saints
- Klopp set to revert to strong Liverpool side for EFL semi-final at Saints after Plymouth FA Cup draw
- Liverpool boss Klopp hands boost to out-of-favour keeper Karius for FA Cup clash with Plymouth
- Liverpool boss Klopp: We are frustrated with just a point after 2-2 Premier League draw at Sunderland