In the space of a few short weeks of his tenure he has lost several key players to injury:
- Daniel Sturridge: Seems like he is now permanently injured, knee injury.
- Danny Ings: Our best Summer buy is out for the Season with a cruciate injury.
- Jordan Henderson: Out since August, our Captain will return soon.
- Joe Gomez: New recruit had played very well until his ACL injury struck.
- Momo Sakho: Huge loss to the defence, will be out for two months.
- James Milner: Hamstring injury, another blow to the midfield, yet to find his best form.
- Jon Flanagan: Lest we forget him, has been out for over a Season, soon to return to training.