Following Lucas Leiva’s 5th yellow card in 6 games for Liverpool, the defensive midfielder will miss Saturday’s home game against Crystal Palace. The question is, who should replace him for this important game against Ian Hollaway’s battling team.
The most obvious answer is to move Jordan Henderson into central midfield alongside Captain Steven Gerrard.
However, I would make a case for the outstanding Kolo Toure to start in the middle for this particular game.
The Ivorian has been a real addition to the Liverpool team this Season already. He is defensively excellent, good in the air and on the ground and also good going forward.
He maybe the perfect foil for Steven Gerard and Brendan Rodgers for this game to nullify any threats from Palace on Saturday.
Other Liverpool News
- Origi’s patience pays off as Liverpool boss Klopp hails young attacker’s attitude
- Klopp cautious with Lallana’s comeback as high-flying Liverpool face Bournemouth
- Wijnaldum pays tribute to trio of starlets who prove the future is bright for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool
- Former Liverpool goal king Owen happy to heap praise on new record-holder Woodburn
- Klopp’s delight for Liverpool starlet Woodburn as he becomes youngest scorer in Kop history