- Liverpool have won all five previous Premier League meetings with West Brom at Anfield without conceding a goal.
- Albion’s last victory at Anfield was exactly 45 years before the day of this fixture. They have since gone 24 league and cup visits without success (D6, L18).
- West Brom’s only triumph in their last 21 league attempts against Liverpool came at The Hawthorns a year ago. They had previously gone 30 years without beating Liverpool.
- It is 26 years since West Brom last scored a league goal against Liverpool from open play – current Fleetwood Town assistant manager Craig Madden scored in their 2-1 home defeat on 19 April 1986.
- The Reds have only taken seven points from their last nine games. They could go three matches unbeaten for the first time in 2012.
- They have dropped points in 11 of their 16 home matches in the Premier League.
- Only the two Manchester clubs and Everton have conceded fewer goals than Liverpool (34) this season.
- Manager Kenny Dalglish is one short of his 250th top-flight win as a manager, according to Infostrada.
- Liverpool have not lost any of the last 10 matches that Andy Carroll has started – winning eight of them – and have not won the past eight without him in the side (D3, L5).
- Steven Gerrard is one shy of 150 club career goals.
- The Baggies have taken just a single point from their last four away matches.
- They have earned more points from away matches (22) than at The Hawthorns (20) this season.
- Albion are two points better off than at the equivalent stage last season
- If Peter Odemwingie scores he will be the first West Brom player to reach 25 Premier League goals for the club.