OK, so we dropped two points against lowly Birmingham at home in the Premier League to leave us 11 points behind table-toppers Chelsea but, its not the end of the world.
That’s because we put in our best performance of the season and we could have and should have won this match.
Liverpool played some really good positive football, mounting wave after wave of attack for the full ninety minutes.
Everybody played well with Glen Johnson causing havoc down the right, young striker David Ngog took his goal very well, Lucas had a good game in midfield alongside Javier Mascherano and Gerrard played well considering he is only just back from a groin injury.
Again, its at the back where the problems continue to lay.
We conceded a soft goal scored by Christian Benitez from a free-kick, then we let Cameron Gerome score with a shot to nothing from 35 yards out.
Skrtel and Agger were playing together in defence for the first time so that might explain those two errors as Jamie Carragher, suspended, watched from the stands.
But the most encouraging thing was the attitude, energy and drive from Liverpool, that was brilliant.
We may currently lie in 7th but if we play like that for the rest of the season, we will be alright.
Other Liverpool News
- Origi’s patience pays off as Liverpool boss Klopp hails young attacker’s attitude
- Klopp cautious with Lallana’s comeback as high-flying Liverpool face Bournemouth
- Wijnaldum pays tribute to trio of starlets who prove the future is bright for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool
- Former Liverpool goal king Owen happy to heap praise on new record-holder Woodburn
- Klopp’s delight for Liverpool starlet Woodburn as he becomes youngest scorer in Kop history