OK, so we dropped two points against lowly Birmingham at home in the Premier League to leave us 11 points behind table-toppers Chelsea but, its not the end of the world.
That’s because we put in our best performance of the season and we could have and should have won this match.
Liverpool played some really good positive football, mounting wave after wave of attack for the full ninety minutes.
Everybody played well with Glen Johnson causing havoc down the right, young striker David Ngog took his goal very well, Lucas had a good game in midfield alongside Javier Mascherano and Gerrard played well considering he is only just back from a groin injury.
Again, its at the back where the problems continue to lay.
We conceded a soft goal scored by Christian Benitez from a free-kick, then we let Cameron Gerome score with a shot to nothing from 35 yards out.
Skrtel and Agger were playing together in defence for the first time so that might explain those two errors as Jamie Carragher, suspended, watched from the stands.
But the most encouraging thing was the attitude, energy and drive from Liverpool, that was brilliant.
We may currently lie in 7th but if we play like that for the rest of the season, we will be alright.
Other Liverpool News
- Liverpool manager Klopp says Reds could have done with Lady Luck in 1-1 draw with Manchester United
- Klopp must rally Reds for crucial United Premier League clash after semi-final defeat at Saints
- Klopp set to revert to strong Liverpool side for EFL semi-final at Saints after Plymouth FA Cup draw
- Liverpool boss Klopp hands boost to out-of-favour keeper Karius for FA Cup clash with Plymouth
- Liverpool boss Klopp: We are frustrated with just a point after 2-2 Premier League draw at Sunderland